The House for an Art Lover is a building constructed in 1989-96, based on a design of 1901 by Charles Rennie Mackintosh with his wife, Margaret MacDonald. The building is situated in Bellahouston Park in Glasgow, Scotland. The House is still representative of the Mackintoshes, and the organisation running the facilities wishes to promote the Mackintoshes’ work. Today, the House for an Art Lover encourages interest in art, design, and architecture.
This doll’s house was built in the 1780s for the daughters of George III. It contains furnishings they made and decorated themselves. The walls retain their green ‘amoeba’ pattern wallpaper; similar in colour to fragments found at the palace itself. The house was later given away to the children of the captain of the King’s ship.